Friday, May 24, 2013

His Word

Most of the time my posts are never planned. I may get an idea in my head and I'll spend the next few hours getting my thoughts out. In a way this has become an outlet for my brain. Today I just feel I need to write having no idea what my topic even is as of now. Here goes nothing.
So give me Words to speak
Don't let my Spirit sleep 
Every night, every day 
I find that I have nothing left to say 
So I stand here in silence
awaiting Your guidance 
I'm wanting only Your voice to be heard 
Let them be Your Words 
 -Aaron Shust: Give Me Words to Speak
The other day I was driving from my home town to Texas A&M for my New Student Conference. I was driving and along my route I got lost. There were two places that I know for a fact I had been which were: the spot I last remembered being before I got lost (lets call it point A) and the furthest I ended up going in the wrong direction (and this one point B). I know how I got from point A to point B based on landmarks along the road.

The driving time between point A and point B, according to multiple mapping websites, was about 30 minutes. So one hour total to get from point A to point B and back. The strange thing was I was delayed less than 20 minutes total. In addition, I never once went above the posted speed limit.

Now let me back up to the 60 seconds leading up to the point I got lost. There were many confusing exits I had to take and drivers were insane. I almost had a full blown panic attack because I was so scared. The last thing I remember of cars driving dangerously was the moment when two cars came into my lane from either side in front of me almost crashing into one another. At this point I freaked out and just began loudly praying, "Jesus, Mary, Joseph. Jesus HELP ME!"

This is sort of how I felt:

It took me 10 minutes to realize I had gotten lost and I was already at point B. As I was driving back to point A (which should have been 30 minutes but only took 5) I was listening to the Houston Christian radio, KSBJ. A woman called in on the radio saying she had seen a terrible accident at point A and to pray for the people there. I couldn't believe my ears, I thought I had heard the location wrong. Sure enough, as I approached point A, it was bumper to bumper due to the accident.

So cool story but why is it worth sharing? Because the end of the Bible does not mean there is an end to His word.
It is this disciple who testifies to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true. There are also many other things that Jesus did, but if these were to be described individually, I do not think the whole world would contain the books that would be written.John 21:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment